BEWARE THE SCAM-2

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WHY I WRITE

Someone did a survey recently, asking why writers like to do what they do. I have several answers:


I can’t NOT write.

It’s all I ever wanted to do.

It’s the best job in the world. They pay me (although not always a living wage) for making up stuff.

I can do it in my pajamas and slippers, or on a sandy beach, or on a sailboat.

Some people are impressed when I say I’m a published novelist. They ask for my autograph.

I get to do all kinds of research, so I learn unusual facts I can drop into cocktail party conversations.

When not writing, I’m reading, which is almost as much fun.

I can deduct some travel expenses from my income tax as research for my books.

When writing romance, I can try out being sexy on my husband.

When writing a murder mystery, I can kill off people I don’t like by making them the victim or the killer who gets caught.

Nothing that happens to me is too awful, because I can always use it in a book.

Writing lets me explore emotions, be more empathetic. I like to think it makes me a better person.

* * *
How about you? Do you have some other reasons? I'd love to read them.

2 comments:

  1. Ηellο theгe, juѕt became аlert to your blog thгough Gοogle, and fоund thаt іt is trulу informаtіve.

    I аm gonna watch out for brussels. Ι'll be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    My weblog :: http://momsneedtoknow.com/acme-coupon-deals-week-july-13-2012/comment-page-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi:

      Thanks for the comment. Have a good day.

      Delete

Speak to me! I'm listening!